jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Old hub, little to no traffic. Any suggestions?

1. geoffco23 profile image90
    geoffco23posted 4 years ago

This hub - http://geoffco23.hubpages.com/hub/HomeExerciseMachines  - has ben around for almost two years and gets little to no love. Any ideas on how to change that? Thanks.

1. dipless profile image87
      diplessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

firstly your tags are very broad keywords with the exceptions of a free, did you do your keyword research in the first place? Check out the keywords around the article, change title and content in line with this research. If it doesn't improve may be worth deleting the hub.

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I would say if you are aiming at 'home exercise machines' you have failed to mention it enough. Your hub has used the exact phrase 'home exercise machines' 4 times (including the title), and its a long hub. You mention 'home exercise machine' in your first paragraph, but that missing 's' makes all the difference.

I know use of keywords has become a bad word, but your hub is under-stuffed lol

Try a few changes here and there and see if that makes the difference.

Edit: no change that - it doesn't mention your keywords 4 times, it mentions them twice - the other two came from the category and the tags.

Also, each machine only uses the main keywords once. For example, 'Pumping iron' mentioned once, and also it is better to write the plural word for wider audience. Mention that phrase again in your text.
    Your hub is nicely written and informative, but to my mind not SEO'd enough for the search engines to pick up on.

3. That Grrl profile image78
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

Don't wait for Google to find the post. Google is a machine, it doesn't exercise all that much. Join a forum for fitness types and become involved. Add a link to your hub account as your forum signature. If the chance comes along to mention your post as a guide, do so. But, you need to be at least somewhat active and personable in the forum. Otherwise you have no credibility and seem like a link spammer. If fitness/ exercise is your niche, joining a relevant forum should be no hardship.

1. geoffco23 profile image90
      geoffco23posted 4 years ago in reply to this

All good tips, and much appreciated. This fresh eyes thing has a lot to recommend it. I'll be making changes. (And yes, SEO was not my strong point when I wrote this. 390 searches a month for the main keyword, and 164,000 competing pages. I'll be in the corner, punching myself.)