Has anyone heard of this credit card site?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I came across a forum the one day that had a post in it that caught my attention.

A lot of people seem to have trouble getting verified by paypal these days, including me.

Most if not all banks and such require you to have proof of income in order to successfully apply for a credit card.

A post in one forum recommended trying out this site:

They maintain that you can use this 'credit card' with paypal. The only thing is that you have to pay for it.

Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

NB: Just for the record- no, I do not work for these people.

2. Credit Trauma profile image38
    Credit Traumaposted 7 years ago

I have not heard of this company, but instead of paying a fee for this type of pre-paid card, as long as you have a checking account, most banks will give you a visa/mc "debit" card.  This works exactly the same way as a pre-paid card because you have to have the money in your account in order to use it.  The best part is you don't have to pay a fee.  The downside is that a debit card does not report to the credit bureau's.  If that's your goal, make sure this company does. 

As an alternate option, quite a few credit unions offer Secured Cards.  These are basically the same thing as a pre-paid card because you send them in a deposit and that becomes your high credit limit.  Most credit unions do not charge an annual fee for secured cards, so you can have your cake and eat it too, so to speak.

3. 61
    justspeedposted 7 years ago

am new here but just would like to say, credit trauma was wrong with her advise...virtual credit card are not same with checking account or debit credit card.  Virtual visa cards are infact meant to secure your standard credit card from online thieves...
    when you use a virtual credit card you have rest of mind cos in most cases you have already emptied your balance on it and whoever hack on it becomes a waste of time cos it will be useless to them.

I have not used worldwide virtual card BUT am sure they have been around since 2007 and have seem alot of people applauding its effort...