jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Need a critique of my Hubpages

1. LadyMar profile image60
    LadyMarposted 4 years ago

I joined Hubpages in November 2011 and have only written about 17 hubs.  I thought it was time I receive some suggestions on what I can do to make my articles better, thereby getting more page views.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

1. Robie Benve profile image93
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have very interesting topics and you are a great writer!
      I'm a newbie to hubpages, so take my suggestions with the grain of salt, but this is what I like to see in hubs I read:
      -  bold font for sentences that are key in the hub
      -  bullets or numbered lists
      - photos that add to the meaning of the text, or videos
      Things that I do on my hubs:
      -  link my hub to other hubs (I think it's called backlinking)
      - use several text capsules, each with it's own title
      - use Google AdWords Keyword tool to find good tags
      https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

Hope this helps some

LadyMarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Robie.  I started Hubpages right before the holidays, so being busy with the holidays, I wasn't able to spend as much time as I would have liked on my Hubpages.  Now I'm planning to get more serious in my writings. 

I'm slowly starting to try more than just the basic format, etc.  It all takes time.  :-)

2. NatalieSack profile image60
      NatalieSackposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I found your hubs interesting and lighthearted.  Not at all preachy as how-to articles can sometimes be.  Though I am no expert, being new here myself, I think your titles can be polished to draw more readers.  Some of them are vague, such as "Moisturizing Your Face Everyday."  Maybe "How to Choose a Moisturizer for Any Skin Type" or "Choosing the Best Moisturizer for Your Age" would attract people with specific needs.  After all, most people already think moisturizer is a good thing.  They don't need convincing.  "Home Remedies For A Lovely You" is another hub that doesn't suggest what it's about.  Without reading it I wonder whether it will teach me to make home remedies, use what I already have, or maybe 'Home Remedies' is a brand the article will try to sell me.  maybe HubPages Title Tuner can help you power these up.  I hope this helps!

LadyMarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It most certainly does.  So far I've found the most difficult to do are titles and summaries.  Also, I've not done much in the way of links, so I hope to get up to speed on those.

Thank you for taking the time to make your suggestions, much appreciated. smile