jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Missing products from Amazon Capsules - not just one or two.

1. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I have once again  been discovering that some of my Amazon capsules are not displaying the products, at first I thought they were sold out or discontinued.

It is an ongoing problem. When I try to add new products I have difficulty with that too. The only way I can do a work around is to find an Amazon product and load its description as a keyword in the Amazon capsule. I would guess it is messing up the stats for how long people stay on the page when they arrive and the Amazon capsule displays - a message saying no Amazon product. 

To be honest if I found when visiting a site resulting from a search, I would just click out of the site and search for it directly on Amazon. I have seen at least two other posts about this problem since the Christmas holiday.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Seems this issue comes up every few months. hmm I have a feeling about a year ago, some staff member mentioned it was something to do with a coding glitch?

Edit: Everything I can find indicates it's *probably* an issue with third party items.

Goes back four years or more. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2246

2. Azure11 profile image87
    Azure11posted 4 years ago

I also have this problem, plus another. One of my specific Amazon items was not showing even though it was still available in Amazon. So I tried another, and another, and another... I think 4 items that were in Amazon could not be shown in my capsule. :-(

Also, and this is my main problem, why are all my Amazon capsules only half width??? To the left that is. I have not selected them to be half width (to the right) so why are they not spreading over the whole area. I will attach a screenshot. I think it looks unprofessional and would be grateful for a response from Hubpages on this.

3. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

It would be nice to be notified if an Amazon product no longer exists. Not only does the lack of a product decrease the possibility of an Amazon sale, but sometimes it can mess with the formatting of a hub... especially if you're like me and prefer to list amazon products side-by-side and thus use two Amazon capsules to achieve that "look."

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be great to be notified of discontinued products so we can adjust our hubs accordingly.

4. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

Yup, I've been having this problem, too.  It's been ongoing, just dealt with again a couple of days ago.  The products are most definitely there, the capsules just won't accept the ASINs.

5. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Thank you Wrylilt, I will have to check if it is happening across the board or just on third party products.

Wordscribe is right. It is not that the products are no longer available, I think we both had this problem before and mentioned in a forum post. The product is still available because you can go to Amazon find it and add its exact word description as a Amazon keyword search - in the Amazon capsule and it appears. Try adding the item as in as an ASIN and it will not load it.

I had pages with three or four capsules where the Amazon product had vanished in this way and it was only 'luck' that I discovered them and edited the hub. I think anyone finding a page plastered with the words 'Amazon product not available'
    or whatever the exact wording is, would think they were wasting there time. Me too.

Yes melbel I agree it would be good to know if a product was no longer available.

Azure 11 that is odd the Amazon panel looks the same as if you had 'toggled' with the arrows at the top to be a half width capsule, if you have not done that then I wonder what has caused this to happen.

Could these problems be to do with the eventual switch over to the way Amazon works here, I mean no one has said anything about testing a different way of working yet have they?

Anyone from the team got any answers on this problem for us?

6. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago