New Hub: New Lesson

1. Liebe Das Leben profile image60
    Liebe Das Lebenposted 4 years ago

Hello! I am fairly new here. I enjoy writing, not so experienced. But I would love some feed back on the hubs I have already written so I know what direction to take. 

Nicotine: How to avoid temptation and How to ease your child's mind.

The first one has a higher score than the second. Is there an obvious reason why? Thank you!

1. Sue B. profile image89
      Sue B.posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just read How to Ease Your Child's Mind and I liked your article. I would say the score may not have been high because the topic itself is not highly searched. I believe your score-- especially initially-- is dictated on how often people are searching the topic.
      I read Nicotine: How to avoid temptation.  Your writing style is interesting although I am curious to know if your first-person perspective will benefit you are not.  I do not come close to an expert but I am wondering if people who are searching for information on nicotine and how to quit smoking would be more or less likely to read a hub about someone's first-hand account and personal story.  I also found this hub to be a little short although I thought it was off to a good start. I may be a bit to "science-y" but maybe some additional methods recommended by researchers or information on how to reach additional support would add to it.

In general, I would say, possibly consider more pictures/diagrams and also consider putting the amazon items in other locations besides the end.  You may want to play with the -> and have these columns moved to the right.

Your score is high already considering you have been on for less than a week so I think you are well on your way to hubpages success!

2. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

I think you're off to a good start. (Welcome to HP, by the way). I agree with Sue B. on the more pictures.  You can go back and insert images pretty easily (make sure you have rights for them, and give proper attribution). A hub, while writing is the core of it, it is also a visual experience, so having a nice variety of text, photos, videos and the occasional poll or even the sales capsules all makes for a more pleasant experience.  Remember to think like a writer, but also think like a magazine "page layout" designer too.