jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

The craze for Religion on HubPages

1. GoldenBird profile image60
    GoldenBirdposted 4 years ago

I have been here for a time now, 1 month: and I have been watching a zeal in terms of religion, on this website, which I haven't seen anywhere else on the web. Some folks, actually, are really interesting. But sadly, there isn't much conversation on Arts or Educations, and the secular subjects. Am I simply missing the wisdom of the hubpages-folks? Will you deliver the world?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pretty fair observation I would say, so build a bridge Goldenbird and they will come smile

I would just like to learn and expand on my limited knowledge of the arts.

P.S I have trouble delivering myself and thats on a good day :lol;

1. GoldenBird profile image60
        GoldenBirdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. smile

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're preaching to the converted GoldenBird LOL Over 360,000 stats on Religion and Philosophy, way higher than any other Hub category.

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Those subjects require effort, reading, study, discipline, etc., and definitely in more than one book to discuss with any semblance of credibility and interest.

Religious debate requires nothing of the kind. All you need is a mouth and some emotions and a willingness to believe that whatever you have been told is true. Critical reading is discouraged (and that assumes you have any interest in actually reading a really old book with the hard words and funky grammar, which a shockingly tiny percentage actually do).

That's why.

[Edit: Do not confuse this remark with a disdain for Theological discussion, as that is awesome, but, again, requires reading more than one book. Or three. Etc.]

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 4 years ago

There is an arts forum around here somewhere. There are also many artists with instructional and portfolio hubs. I can wield a brush, sling some clay, carve wood, make molds, cast in several materials. I also do murals, signs, decorative pieces, architectural enhancements (sculptural or graphic), landscaping features, commercial painting, concrete and stucco, carpentry, trade show displays, technical illustration, CAD, computer graphics.

I have been a certified vocational instructor. I have proven that I can teach difficult high school students these skills as well as Animal Care (rabbits to horses), Food Services, Third-5th Grade elementary, Special Needs Academic/Vocational, art appreciation and Sunday School. I am hoping to continue as an educator as well as an artist and a writer.
    My efforts don't start or end here, but I have a lot to share if you want it.

I am here for a purpose, not to play games with losers. I have a keen interest in World Religions. I am truly curious. I don't need to defend, or impose my beliefs. I am glad to share. I opened the door here, and some gang of trolls got in my face and called me stupid. Only a fool picks a fight with a stranger.

Do you want to talk ART? Here is an illustration that I did in 1975. It was an assignment from Ringling School of Art to do a children's book illustration. My style has changed since then, but this is "how I rolled back in the day". I find it interesting that it is apropos today.

Watercolor, Acrylic, Colored Pencil Ilustration by Chip Curry (copyright 1975)

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It would be nice to have a button that put the whole religion subforum on ignore.

1. noturningback profile image79
      noturningbackposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be better if people cared for people as much as they do for animals.

4. MakinBacon profile image82
    MakinBaconposted 4 years ago

You're totally free to interact with whatever forums you want, and of course ignore those you aren't intersted in. Go where you are interested. It's irrelevant what forums are more popular.

5. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 4 years ago

many are tired of all the religious talk - and many, like me, are becoming tired of all the talk about being tired of the religious talk!

lol  sort of kind of not serious, but really!! - no offense, ok?  because I've already offended enough people today!