jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is it me or is Hubpages a bit quiet at the mo?

1. KarenCreftor profile image90
    KarenCreftorposted 4 years ago

I'm fairly new to HP and due to health haven't spent as much time on here as I'd like, but even so I don't seem to be getting much in the way of views/activity compared to my first month.

Is January normally quiet on here or is it just that I need to do more on here?

~Kaz x

1. 0
      KatrineDalMonteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been ere for 3 weeks now. What I have noticed so far is that whenever I make a new hub I get more new followers. The same happens when I post answers to questions. So really, the more one posts and shares in terms of opinions, views and comments the more exposure one gets :-)

2. ChaplinSpeaks profile image96
      ChaplinSpeaksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Karen, we seem to have joined HP at the same time and I know exactly how you feel.  I jumped right in winning HOD's and nuggets, getting lots of views, then silence!  I was thinking my writing must be going downhill, but no, I think it was a busy time when we joined.   Keep up your awesome work!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

You arrived right as the holidays were hitting, which for some people are much more active than after the first of the year.

1. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think Relache is right, I also think January is a time where CPM is a little lower than usual so a lot of writers are a little less enthusiastic about writing?

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

According to Quantcast, Hubpages is going from strength to strength. Not quite pre-panda but close.