jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Overly promotional

1. Itswritten profile image59
    Itswrittenposted 4 years ago

Overly promotional , what a joke I thought the object of this site was to sell, sell, sell . What do my fellow hubbers think about being called a over promotional writer. That is like saying you are a overly emotional type writer.

1. brittanytodd profile image92
      brittanytoddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages isn't a site to sell, sell, sell.  And I don't think many people want to read a big ad, so being overly promotional doesn't only violate the Terms of Service, but also will not generate very much traffic due to the lack in content.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The object of this site is to post content that earns money for the content producer *and* for Hubpages. Anything else is secondary.

1. aznpanda206 profile image74
        aznpanda206posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think the main objective of this site is to post content that earns $ for the content producer and for Hubpages...

I actually read a couple articles here that were very educational and I learned a couple of things. Thats when i start looking into Hubpages. and I realized that you can earn $ from it. -- Which I think, people who look into Hubpages first are actually looking to learn new information about the topic they are researching...

3. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Reviewing a handful of your hubs, are you putting to many Amazon capsules in your hubs or adding to many links? Rules are rules, been through it already. Just edit, fix and on to the next hub. smile