jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Unpublishing hubs

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
    Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago

I did hit "delete" and the 3 hubs have a red line through them for about 4 days now. I seem to recall an unpublish button I've used before. I don't understand how to do it out of hubpages mode on webmaster tools. I saw another ask the question too, and they were told you have to do it from within HP. I have successfully rid myself of hubs before. I still don't know what to do, and it makes no sense to me.

1. Hyphenbird profile image95
      Hyphenbirdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On the Hub page click Edit then Unpublish Now. That will take care of it. Unpublish will not delete the Hubs, just keep them from being seen by other people. To totally get rid of them the Delete button is the correct one. I don't know why it is taking so long though.

2. 0
      Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If opening a deleted hub, the 24 hour period can be extended; namely the clock may be reset.

Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I click edit, Unpublish isn't an option. They are in red, and it says they are only visible to me. But they are still there. I'm not changing them when I go in, I just checked. There was an "Unpublish" button, where did it go? They say they are deleted, and are subtracted in the number of hubs on my profile page. But they used to go away. Do I have to delete the text? I've done this before with no problems to hubs that weren't doing well.

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is no unpublish button, since deleted hubs have already been unpublished. But each time you access those hubs, the 24 hour deletion period may reset to start anew. Deleting text does not make sense. Try to leave them alone, see what happens.

Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

OK, will do.

working