Are Adsense ads the only ads on my Hub Pages

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Chuck Bluestein profile image62
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 12 years ago

I just wanted to make sure. I did not sign up for Hub Page ads, only for Adsense. So can you check and make sure that I only have Adsense ads up? It appears that they have more ads up than allowed by Adsense. Some say that they are Google ads but others do not say that.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

I checked one of your hubs. You do have some Flash-based ads, which are not AdSense - probably HubPages' ads. That is not against AdSense policies.

3. Chuck Bluestein profile image62

So they are getting 100% of those ads that compete with Adsense ads? If I sign up will I get 60% of those ads. I thought that if I did not sign up, they would not use those ads.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Currently, HubPages has 40 percent of the page impressions, and they can do with those as they like. You will need to check further to find if the HP ads also appear on your share of the page impressions. I agree that this ought not to be the case.

5. Chuck Bluestein profile image62

OK. I thought that 40% of the time, they took the money for Adsense and Amazon. But instead of doing that they could use their own ads for 40% of the space and pay me for 100% of the Amazon ads?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No.  HP will get all of the income from 40% of the visits.  During those visits they will put any ads they wish onto the hub (that does not mean they will put up amazon or ebay capsules, but they will get the income from those capsules that you have put up).

You will get 100% of the income from 60% of the visits.  During those visits the only ads will be those that you have authorized; apparently only adsense, along with any amazon or ebay capsules.

Visits are assigned to either you or HP on a random basis, according to an algorithm that supplies you with 60% of them and Hp with 40% of them.  If you check very carefully you will no doubt find that those percentages are not exact, but the higher the traffic the closer to a 60/40 split you will see.

6. Chuck Bluestein profile image62

Thanks! That makes it perfectly clear to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)