jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Could someone please advise me... hubpages ad programs

1. Flint54 profile image60
    Flint54posted 4 years ago

Can you join the hubpages ad program as well as google adsense? or is it one or the other? and also can someone please tell me which is more profitable, the hubpages ad or the google adsense. thank you.

1. tamron profile image59
      tamronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you have an approved Google Ad-sense account?  If so seeing that your new I would join the ad program because with adsense you only get paid on ad clicks with the HP you get paid from page impressions and ad clicks. I use both and I do better with the ad program.

Flint54posted 4 years ago in reply to this

My question is can you use both of them simultaneously? or you have to use only one of them. thanks.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You MUST have an adsense account to use HPads.

You will find, however, that when you turn on HPads the google income will fall drastically.  It is still there, but much smaller because HPads is taking most of the ad spots on your hubs.  Nevertheless, most hubbers report much better total results using the combination rather than adsense alone.  Again, you cannot us HPads without adsense.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wilderness has given the spot on answer. All the other ones don't seem to correctly answer your question.

You can have Adsense without HP ads but you CANNOT have HP ads without Adsense.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I earn far more on HP's Ad program, but I write mostly informative and evergreen Hubs, as opposed to sales Hubs. As Wilderness says you do need to have an active Adsense account to use the HP Ad program, not least because one block of Ads (the last one on the lower right hand side of your hubs), is still paid out by Adsense, so you need to meet their rules. The other Adverts on each Hub (even the Adsense ones) are then paid to you directly from Hubpages via Paypal on the 28th of each month.

Flint54posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all for your help and advice. I'm really happy to be a part of such a great community.