jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Ads Disabled: How Long Before a Manual Review?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

I created a Hub three weeks ago upon which the ads were immediately disabled by the automatic filter. I checked the Help pages, where it states that manual reviews of these Hubs do happen.

I wondered, however, if anyone knows how long it is likely to be before this takes place, as the Hub is obviously not in a position to generate revenue as it stands?

Thanks for any indication anyone can give me.

1. Hyphenbird profile image95
      Hyphenbirdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It might have been reviewed already and the ads may be permanently disabled. I have 3 Hubs with ads disabled due to subject matter. One is child abuse, one is about abortion and the third is a true story about a slave who killed the "master" who raped her. What is the subject matter of your Hub? If you believe in it, you can just leave the Hub published without earning revenue. My child abuse Hub receives more traffic than any other one I have.
      Send an email to the moderators. When I asked them about mine, the response was quick and courteous.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 4 years ago

Hi Gordon, A few days ago I noticed that ads had been disabled one of my hubs. I emailed HP staff and ads were enabled within 24 hours.

3. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

Gordon, I have a hub that tripped the auto filter a few months ago.  I emailed Hubpages explaining the situation, so upon moderator's review, the ads were enabled.  It must have taken 2-3 days.. I can't remember for sure.  But every time I edited the hub, it kept on tripping the auto filter so I had to email HP again, but after the initial review, ads would be enabled within 24 hrs.

Have you emailed HP and explained your situation?

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image98

Thanks, Hyphenbird, Peter and Rosie.

The Hub in question is about food but I know myself (I think!) why it has probably triggered the filters, even though my Hub is perfectly innocent.

I did think about e-mailing the team but thought this forum was maybe the best option to try in the first instance, as I have seen reference to how busy moderators and other staff are at the moment in reviewing Hubs.

If things are the same next week, I'll try the e-mail option.

Thanks again.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
      Peter Hogganposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep, mine was about cock-a-leekie soup. I edited it to remove the hyphens... I guess I don't have to explain why the ads were suspended.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol No, Peter - you don't. Different word in my case, similar scenario. I can personally vouch for having been familiar with that soup since childhood, if it helps smile

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image98

Have just noticed that ads have been enabled on my Hub.

Thanks to whomever for your help.

6. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Last night my hub on another account tripped the filter.. I just changed the words a little and tweaked the title..it just went away... there are ways to get out of this mess.. the mods are good...they do get back within 24 hours... but this being the weekend your wait may be longer.

7. Flint54 profile image60
    Flint54posted 4 years ago

The ads were disabled on one of my hubs yesterday, it is about pedophiles and child sexual abuse. I thought maybe it is a sensitive subject here so unpublished it. Is it a subject better not to talk about or is it better to write about and make the public aware of such issues? I'm a bit confused. Also will the ads come back on my site if I republish it and email the admin? thanks.