jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Am I stupid?

1. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

I have recently been asked on a TV program to talk about my ex husband as they found my hub about it. Its a long way to travel, about 400 miles but they said they would pay for it, but I don't want to do it, as my brother isn't well, and my family are not that keen, would you do it? I know it would help me with my ebook, but I am not sure, any ideas? will it help with the book, or is it a waste of time? thanks

1. CASE1WORKER profile image86
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What programme is it Nell?
      I would be very cautious- these type of things have a way of causing grief to those that we dont want it caused to

Nell Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its called The Moore Show in Wales, Kevin Moore phoned me earlier tonight to say that he would come and do an initial interview in my town tomorrow but then pay me to go to Wales, I know I should go, and most people would jump at the chance, but I don't really want too, maybe if it was in London, but Buckinghamshire is a long way from Cardiff

2. EmpressFelicity profile image86
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I've just read the hub in question and I agree with C1W.

Thanks Empress, I think it might be okay when I have finished the ebook, but before is a bit dodgy, I know they say its a 'nice' show, but we have something called Jeremy Kyle over here, when the people being interview get heckled and laughed at, so no I think you both are right thanks!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image86
        CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did wonder if it was Jezza!

Ha Ha! how funny! can you imagine? its funny because me and my brother always call 'rough' people, kyles! I shall have to wear my tracky bottoms and broken shoes! hee hee

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://www.themooreshow.co.uk/tv/

They seem to be OK, and not at all like Jeremy Kyle!!

Having said that, I fully understand your reluctance - this could hurt a lot of people in your close family. It is one thing to write about something, but quite another to discuss it on TV.

Thanks Izzy, sorry it took me ages to answer, someone on the phone and at the door! lol! thanks for your reply I think I will just email them and so no, thanks!

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I suppose before I gave my opinion on whether you should or shouldn't do it, I'd want to know just what it is about your ex-husband that makes him so special a TV program would want to pay you to talk about him? I don't live in your country, so I'm not familure with the show. So, without any facts, my best bet would be to say, go with your gut. Trust your own good judgment.

Part of me wants to do it, its something different and not something that happens every day, but on the other hand my family don't want me too, after speaking to them I have to agree, its just a gender issue that I wrote about,   I think I have made the right decision thanks

working