jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Question about Title updating

1. lukeuk profile image54
    lukeukposted 5 years ago

Just wanted to ask if there is any way to manually make google update a title and summary for a hub. I don't understand because some update quickly and some take forever, is there a way to make google update them. Would UN-publishing and republishing help ?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Unpublish and republish may hurt search engine position, so don't leave your hub unpublished for any considerable length of time. It would probably be more efficient to make some edits than to unpublish.

The bottom of every search results page has a "Give us feedback" link, which leads to a page where you can report that you want to update your site's listings.

Don't expect immediate results.

2. Neil Horton profile image60
    Neil Hortonposted 5 years ago

Have patience Luke... use the force.

3. ktrapp profile image90
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

Use Google Webmaster Tools. Once you've added your site you will click on diagnostics and then fetch.

I have a hub that explains this exact process. My hubs usually get recrawled within days or less.

4. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Pinging could be another option. I always ping the hubs that I have updated and they seem to get the job done faster.

1. lukeuk profile image54
      lukeukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

how do you "ping"

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are many pinging sites.. pingler.com is good try it.. enter your URL and ping...

working