jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Will Hubs Grow or Plateau? What is the product life of an evergeen hub

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I realize no one has a perfect crystal ball and Google is chaning the game moment by moment. Yet, I was wondering what your thoughts are and your experience on your Hubs, do they grow over time with traffic or simply plateau?

I read WryLilt's post about Hubs not maturing until 6-9 months.

What is the product life of an evergreen hub?

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I think they can plateu if you are ranked number one for every related keyword term. But until that point I think it's possible for them to just keep going up, if you pick the right topic.

I have one that started out getting 10 views a day if that. After a year I thought it had stopped with ~1,000 views a day, but now it's seeing double that and still slowly climbing.

Pity it's not a huge money maker!

3. MakinBacon profile image83
    MakinBaconposted 4 years ago

It also depends on how much competition there is out there for the topic you're writing on, as well as how much new content is introduced. Google, in the past, has tended to favor older content over new, except for when it's initially posted on the web.

4. GmaGoldie profile image85

This is really helpful - thank you both!

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I think it was Paul Edmondson who posted and said that admin has calculated that it takes Hubs three years on average to mature, which he described as reaching their peak potential of traffic/audience reach. 

My own experience is much more in line with that time estimation than WryLilt's quoted time frame. 

And as for evergreen Hubs, I have some that are 4-5 years old which is about as old as a Hub can be and they are steadily productive.

6. GmaGoldie profile image85

The facts you gave are really helpful. As we micro-manage daily and try our best to stomach thet Panda peaks and valleys, these facts keep me motivated and moving forward.

Thank you very much!