jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

A person is stealing poems from HP check your work.

1. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 4 years ago

This morning I logged onto my account and noticed a copywrite violation. I checked out the violation and found that a person had stoled my daughter's poem I had posted on my hubpage with her permission. It was word for word. I don't know who this person is or if they are a fellow hubber, but here is a name to the site...
    Poets, check your stats to see if anyone from this website has helped themselves to your work.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Gabby, it's not recommended to post the link. Remove the link by typing "dot com" at the end. By posting the link we are automatically giving them a backlink smile

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes.... Wasn't it clever that You duplicated that link also big_smile

Hell... I don't want my poems on that site... it's rubbish and looks like a take off of Lulu Useless poetry site.  sad

Slap them with your DMCA and kick their butt! smile

2. Sky9106 profile image51
      Sky9106posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bless , it's getting more brazen , I even wrote my 200 hub dedicated to them , because this I knew , there are some very evil minded people on this earth and we must always be aware . Money is the root of all evil.

Read my poem , see what I think of them.

2. thearbiter0808 profile image60
    thearbiter0808posted 4 years ago

They could have acknowledged you as the author. So unprofessional. Maybe you can try to contact the site, or the author, and ask about it. Good thing that notices like this appear, we may never know that our works have been copied.

@cardisa: Now I see the importance of using "dot com". Putting in a link is still a backlink. Thanks for this insight.

3. tlpoague profile image88

Thanks Cardisa, I didn't realize posting a link could cause a backlink. I was more upset over finding it in the first place. I will just give the name of the site instead. Hopefully no one else's work has been taken. Thanks again for your help. Check your website and tell me if I should remove that one too.

Thanks Peardiver, Haha, I guess that would be considered duplicated linking. Ugg, the nerve of some people that are too lazy to be creative on their own. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I wrote the website to have it taken down. From there...well...they haven't seen my little mini bear of a child. She even had it posted on her profile that she wrote it, but it was posted by me with her permission.

Thank thearbiter, I agree they should have at least acknowledge my daughter and I. I would have never caught it if it wasn't for the help from HP. I am still so furious that I can't type. LOL! Wait till they see what my daughter has to say about it.

4. tlpoague profile image88

I am currently looking into this further. Thank you for the information.

5. bmxchick profile image60
    bmxchickposted 4 years ago

For everyone looking at this. I take full responcibility for this poem. I had written it but I was also reading poems all day that day. it must have stuck in my head like a song when I wrote it down. Most my poems come to me like songs and so this one must have stuck. For all of thoughs offended by this I give my full apologies for thinking it was mine cuz it came to head like that. This poem will be removed so to keep from thurther causing problems. I say once again I am very sorry. There was just a mix up thats all.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

How embarrassing for you both.

7. Capedium profile image66
    Capediumposted 4 years ago

Am so so lost..
    Please what is dot.com
    what can I or we do...
    It is so so right.....
    Poetry for me is a deep feeling
    Is not just writing down words on paper.
    It is going to hurt me to see this kind
    of act being practice.

8. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

That's a pity. I think a law should be put into place about article theft.

If you need to check if any others have been nicked, use this Google Tool.

<link snipped> and file a complaint with Google or the Website where it's posted.

9. LoriSoard profile image78
    LoriSoardposted 4 years ago

I'm hearing more and more of my writing friends dealing with this. These people are out for a quick buck and don't care who they steal material from.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

But,  it was the hubber who was in the wrong here. The posts explaining it were deleted.

11. kevins blog52 profile image70
    kevins blog52posted 4 years ago

I'm sure there is a logical explanation, I always like to give the benefit of the doubt, that way neither partie gets hurt. As for LoriSoard comment on a Quick buck, I cant even make a slow buck.smile

Closed to reply