jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

New Hubbers who are trying to get more Followers

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image75
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

New Hubber Help:  Are you a new hubber who is having a hard time getting followers?  If so, reply "yes" to this question.  Maybe then we'll have a bunch of newbie profiles that people can look at, check out the hubs, and see if they like them and want to follow them? I'm new too, so please forgive me if this is a bad idea.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, but thanks for asking.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

It's not a bad idea.

But just a heads up - followers don't make you money. smile Although it will increase your chance of getting comments and additional content on your hubs.

The organic traffic and earnings generally come from search engine traffic.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

People presume that but over the years, I've not found that to be true.  I have a lot of followers and the majority of the comments on my Hubs are from visitors from outside the site.

1. H.C Porter profile image86
        H.C Porterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

i think we are all different- most of my comments come from followers on the site- but most of my traffic comes from search engines.

2. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Relache, I'll agree to compromise.

Some of my hubs have only ever had (numerous) hubber comments.

Others have had only one or two hubber comments, and dozens from search engines.

So yes, we're both right. smile

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Followers come naturally and go naturally..lol:) Indiscriminate following would have HP frowning on you... but it is always lovely to follow someone whose work you love to read and to be followed by people who read and offer their thoughts on what you write.. have fun.. HP is a great place. Welcome to HP smile