jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What benefits have you found on Twitter?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
    Jerrico Usherposted 7 years ago

Ok I just got all into this twitter thing now that I see how it can be used. I'm starting to notice that people are creating some great reasons to use twitter. Some use it to keep their friends in the loop, others use it to put out a piece of their daily projects but no details forcing their curious friends to call and ask you to tell them more... Some use it as a gossip at the speed of light device since it works on all portable devices and phones. In this thread I want to elicit what the most creative (or not creative) things you think twitter can be used for? I'm curious as to what you guys think.

My twitter is http://www.twitter.com/samurwriter and I'll start.

I use Twitter for all the reasons above actually,(the gosip one I use only for things like "I found a new source of writing income" which gets my friends who are writers to ask me about it and I'll share it off twitter if I think they qualify) and because it keeps my discipline going. It is sort of a way for accountability.

Right now I give a play by play of my day (for various reasons personally with my friends/fam) and if I start slowing down I have asked my friends/family to give me crap... working at home is lucrative but self discipline is VERY HARD. My main use here is to keep me working so I have something interresting to report that I'm doing.

My mother loves it because I'm not an avid user of the phone anymore and when I don't call or email her about my day she can go to my twitter page and read all about it, then when she emails me she can ask about specific things she's interrested in. Twitter keeps people in the loop, its brilliant!

What do you use it for? Put your (if you like) twitter url and reason here! (if you like).

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I usually twit my articles when I finish them, I twit websites I think people might like, and sometimes I just twit what I'm feeling at the moment. I don't know if I get any benefits, I don't know if people actually visit what I twit. But, it does get the information out there and people might want to pass it on to their Twitter followers.

1. SamurWriter profile image60
      SamurWriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do, I see you twitting (I'm one of your followers smile) so sharing your hubs is a use, sharing inspirational pages is a use... that's two of the ten reasons (so far) that I'm using it for smile

Anyone else?

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

This guy http://www.chrisbrogan.com/how-i-use-twitter-at-volume/ seems to be a bit of a master at it he''s got 20,000 followers!
    I quite like his attitude that its about connections - but  I guess I still don't entirely get it! But thanks to this thread I am going to start making a bit of an effort with twitter and see where I get to with it!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Interresting article... seems if your going to get that many people going you better have a secretary just for twitter... James... what is everyone yappin about today? the short version... ah do tell them about my great idea hmmm?...