INSPIRE ME

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. poeticmentor profile image73
    poeticmentorposted 12 years ago

WHAT IS THE BEST AFFIRMATION YOU HAVE EVER HEARD THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED YOUR LIFE AND PERSPECTIVE?  What did it change about you?(optional)

"THERE IS NO TRYING..EITHER YOU DO OR YOU DON'T"- best one yet. stop making excuses or procrastinating.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6093762_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I was young, I often spent my time with my father at his junkyard or in his office where we would pour over books. I loved that time with him so much, it meant the world to me being able to sit by him and read books and hear him speak. My father was not one for words, but when he spoke, everyone always took it to heart. One day, I was reading a particularly sad play and I began to cry. He asked me why I was crying and I told him that the book was tragic because people died in horrible ways. He looked at me and told me not to be sad, that life was like that sometimes. Then he smiled and said...

"Don't take life so seriously, no one survives it anyways."

He died about four months later. I'll never forget that and so I have adopted the perspective to enjoy life and try not to let things distress me because I simply do not have time for the unpleasant emotions. I'd rather be happy... so, even when reading a sad book or hearing terrible news, I have learned to accept it and look on the more favorable part of the news. Who has time to be bitter?

poeticmentorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow.  Thanks for sharing this. That was great advice from your father, I'll be sure to pass it on. Blessings

2. Danette Watt profile image83
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Wayne Dyer, I believe.

Start looking at life with a more positive outlook and an attitude of gratitude and better things start coming your way (works for me!)

3. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 12 years ago

Put a picture of yourself on the bathroom mirror. Every morning, when you get up, look at that picture and love what you see. Start your day out on a positive note.

I love these anybody else.  I share these with the young teenagers that I work with.  SO please share more. Thanks.I will use these myself.

4. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

My memories of my first reading of Wayne Dyer were something along the lines of living in the moment. Why was I wasting my emotions on the past and stuff I couldn't change. I loved that philosophy but lost it along the way trying to survive. Sad, when I think back how motivated I was, then.

5. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

My whole point of view has changed over the last 6 years. I stopped living for Earthly things and began imagining who I want to be in the next World and what they would remember me for in this place. I do not tolerate evil and do not suffer because I have to, I got choices. My soul and the souls of others is more important then simply meeting the agendas of others. I see each thing in my life as a goal and a lesson to be learned. I take many chances that run against the lies we are told. For example I have held 8 jobs in this time. Two were evil and I told them they were and left. I took one that was poverty for experience and it is paying off now. We do not have to accept our lives the way we are if we are not happy. Money and what it buys are only tools and not who we our. Life is continuous maturity and knowledge and requires us to constantly grow. In the worst of times you can always find stability and survive. If my problems are only Earthly then they our only temporary problems. Yes many may judge me but these our the people who do not care about my soul and do not see the end results of my decisions. In the end we only Judge ourselves and God made criminals rich and successful for a reason on the Earth. One should not compare themselves to them or have any desire to be like them. Be who you want to be in heaven and God will never judge you for failure if your heart was in the right place, for we can not live the lives of others who choose not to do this.

6. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 12 years ago

Thru the last 15 years of working many different jobs in several states I have talked to many people and have heard alot of stories and learned many things.
    At one time I had read (or heard cant remember) a saying "It takes a village to teach a child". From my experiences this is so true and I have come to realize "The people we let into our lives are the ones who teach us who we are".
    Peoples experiences and their knowledge lead a way for others.

@Monster I agree.  I was blessed with positive role models looking back at my life.  I am grateful for that otherwise I would never think on the things I do. If you had a positive role model, or mentor, consider yourself blessed because many of our youth never have anyone to give them encouragement, empower them and uplift their spirits.  I had to pass it on to them so maybe my students will do the same for others. Thanks for sharing.

7. Sarah Bolluyt profile image60
    Sarah Bolluytposted 12 years ago

"Decide. Commit. Succeed."
    It is from the 'Insanity' body-conditioning program smile

8. poeticmentor profile image73

I am almost teary eyed reading these. wow. I will share each of your hubs on my page where I have all my youth isolated.  These youth are from all over the world and I have directly worked with them at some point in my life and theirs. Now that they are growing into themselves, I chose to continue to reach out to them and help them become who they ultimately will be.  I have been following these youth, some since elementary and now thy are entering college. I have my only son who is seventeen and will need these powerful words to cope in life. I have this crazzy dream that as an educator, every child that have completed programs I directed in my career, will be employed by me someday and that they share in the profit. I have been sowing seeds for almost twenty years and I am now seeing the fruits of my labor somehow through the youth I have mentored and encouraged over the years.  This is very important to me.  I was so happy today when one of them wrote me a poem and  placed it on my wall.. it was confirmation to me, let me know that I inspired it somehow and I haven't seen her in ten years. So to look and see more replies is also confirmation that i am on my own path for purpose and it feels right. Thanks, You all have been a great inspiration to me and my babies! Blessings Hubbers. Maybe I'll just follow everybody who shows me and my kids love! peace.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” - Melody Beattie

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6103637_f248.jpg

9. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

"Much of the world's beauty forms in response to a wound."

POWERFUL. wink

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Not exactly what you asked for, but my intentions are good here. smile

Desiderata

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful.

Strive to be happy.

Live with intentions and you can't go wrong. Thank you sooo much @paradigmsearch.  I will send these to my loves tonight.  They know your first affirmation by heart.  I love this one myself.  The list must go on! I think we even inspired an awesome hub and was mentioned.  Hey hey. It feels good not only to the receiver, but even better to the giver. Blessings and please by all means keep them coming!<gratitude>

11. poeticmentor profile image73

Thank you all for your inspiration.  I will be sharing a hub of my choosing from each of your pages & share with my pupils. I will be sure to send your comments as well.  God Bless.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6122241_f248.jpg

12. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."

Ernest Hemingway

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)