jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

deletion of hubpages accounts

1. profile image0
    Kehinde Adegbiteposted 5 years ago

hi,pls i need guides to enable me close my old hubpages accounts so that i can be able to submit articles.thanks.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You are allowed to have multiple accounts. If your account is banned, opening a new account will not help.

1. profile image0
      Kehinde Adegbiteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the swift response. but i was prevented from submitting my article because of other accounts in my name and asked to close them. so that's the issue.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Like I said, multiple accounts are allowed. I do not believe that HubPages would prevent you from posting simply because you had other accounts, unless these were banned or there were problems with duplicate content.

Please note, once the account has been closed you cannot restore it or open another account with the same user name. Anyway, here are the instructions on how to close an account:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#closeaccount

3. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I just had a look around in there and I can't see any way of deleting an account, but maybe I am blind as I can't ever find the hubpages TOS either !

1. profile image0

A link to the Terms of Use is provided in small print at the very bottom of each page.

1. recommend1 profile image70
        recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

AH!!  thank you  -  terms of use - has this changed from terms of service then I wonder ???  maybe to go with the change from being a service to US to our being a use for THEM ????

1. profile image0

You are welcome. The Terms of Use were always called that, but are often nicknamed "TOS" (Terms of Service). I'm sure you can find some use for HubPages, just keep looking.

1. recommend1 profile image70
            recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do have uses for hubpages but am unable to employ them because one never knows when the TOU will randomly change and make any hard work a waste of time,  especially when it involves long term 'hubs' that have taken a while to get traffic.

1. profile image0

Good point!

working