jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How long did it take you to get to where you are now money wise

1. avan989 profile image79
    avan989posted 4 years ago

Hi, I just wanted to do a little survey to get to know how long and how much work does it takes to become successful on hubpages. I want people to give how much they made during the first month, how many pages published vs. How much they make now, and how many pages now. Example

Month 1
    5 hub

15 dollar/month
    60 hub

please also indicated how long have you been on hubpages

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

In the first year I think it took me about 60 hubs and 6 months to make $5. It started going up after that.

I have not written a hub on this account for almost a year, but my earnings are still increasing and I make a couple of hundred a month in a good month, from all affiliates.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

I think it helps to write a lot of hubs but it many writers cases it is one or two hubs which can generate the most income out of their large selection. I write a lot in the hopes that I will get lucky and find one which ranks high and is popular again. Backlinking is also very important, something which requires extra time which I find hard but try to do.

4. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

I joined Hubpages in November 2010.  There was no Hubpages Ad Program then, only Adsense, Amazon and eBay affiliates.  I had Adsense and Amazon, no eBay.

First month:  30 hubs - 0000 earnings -  I was new (still is) writing online, so my first hubs were like blogs.  After the initial internal traffic, they all dropped dead in googleland.

Now:  105 hubs - I earn close to three hundred dollars a month.  Most of my hubs were written during my first six months, and then I lost motivation.  Why? It's a big rant, so I better write a hub about it. lol

1. David 470 profile image85
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you are doing well! smile

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
        Rosie2010posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, David.  It's amazing, considering I must have written about 5 hubs in the past 7 months.  smile

5. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

It doesn't totally rely on how much you write, its also about backlinking and maintaining you position in the search rankings(therefore maintaining your traffic and conversions)