jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Message re Number of Tags at my "Awesome God" hub

1. Mary Neal profile image60
    Mary Nealposted 5 years ago

Hello. I received a message saying that my article has a large number of tags. As you can see, it is a large article and covers a great deal of material. All of the tags reflect data that is covered within the article. If you would like for me to eliminate some of the tags, however, I will do so. Please give me te the limit, and I will choose the tags to delete. Thank you.

Mary Neal
    America's Most Censored
    <link snipped - no promotional links>

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You will want to read the section titled "tags" under this FAQ entry,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#deceptive

Mary Nealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Most Internet sites limit the available characters for taglines. Maybe HubPages should do that, too, so that writers will know what is available to use without a problem. Regarding "deceptive" tags, mine never are. I tend to write long posts that cover a number of issues. Blessings.

3. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

I think the number of tags is usually around 35-40.  I think however you have wasted your time with all those tags.  No one is typing those phrases into the search bar all run together (freedomofinformationact).  Also recent forum posts by veteran hubbers have noted tags are internal to HubPages, and have no bearing on search engine results.

Thanks for responding. You'd be surprised about how Christians browse for phrases from favorite scriptures to see what is written about them on the web. We do it all the time in my house.  In any case, I deleted about ten tags and added the congressional number for Ron Paul's bill to repeal the indefinite detention provision from NDAA, which is "H.R.3785." I hope that takes care of the tag issue, having deleted ten. I hope HubPages will me know if there are any further concerns.

Blessings,
      Mary

1. rmcrayne profile image93
        rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You missed my point.  Type "freedom of information act" not "freedomofinformationact".  All those tags with multiple words run together translate as gobble-de-gook. Look at tags of veteran hubbers. Space between the words!

And HubPages warnings are either auto-generated (which was what happened to you initially), or  a result of someone flagging your work.  Can't really depend on HP to let you know anything.

2. Mary Neal profile image60

Thanks again. I got my tags down to a total of 35 at "AWESOME GOD" and separated words within the tag lines.

1. IzzyM profile image89
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hate to tell you, but your first picture is pixelated.

So was the man.

4. Mary Neal profile image60
    Mary Nealposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much for responding. I will take a look at other users and style after them. Blessings!

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I would agree, the number of tags is excessive and you need to put spaces between words.

Thanks. It is a long article, but I have the tags down to 40 and will use that as a cap in the future. I will separate the tag words when I have more time available. Your advice has been helpful.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

So is your avatar.

I still think a lot of your tags are still misleading. For example no one who types in heart attack will be looking for that type of article.

working