Irrelevant Google Ads - what do you do?

1. Wilma Proops profile image50
    Wilma Proopsposted 7 years ago

I notice that when I first post a hub the google ads are irrelevent at first but become contextual within minutes.  However, one hub I've published recently - a tongue in cheek, spoofy number called The Importance of Male Grooming doesn't seem to have updated - still the same adverts about meeting women and importing wives. 

I realise that Google has stats that show most men interested in grooming or not (as the case might be) are obsessed with the availability of women but I think that advertisers of male grooming products would be more relevant to my article's readers - then of course I'd get more clicks.

Is there anyway of changing the ads?  neutral

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Google looks at your content, titles and tags when it picks ads.  So you may have to adjust your wording if you are continually getting ads you don't want.

3. Wilma Proops profile image50
    Wilma Proopsposted 7 years ago

Normally I'd agree - that's my experience - I can guess at the sort of ads that'll be served quite accurately according to the content of the article I've written.  Not with The Importance of Male Grooming though.  The ads that Google serve there would be more at home on an article entitled: I'm Desperate to Find a Wife