Online Scams Advertised on Hubpages

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

I was reading a hub and found an advertisement linking to the newschannel8online scam, which is another name for the Home Income Profit System. … it-a-scam/

Does Hubpages promote these ads are are they unable to block them?

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

If you mean an Adsense advert linking to that site:
    Hubpages tries to vet the adverts that appear on the site whenever possible. However some types they do not approve of do occasionally escape attention.

Quote from the Hubpages FAQ:
    If you come across one or more of these types of advertisements while perusing HubPages, please contact us as soon as possible to let us know. Within your message, please try to include any or all of these:

URL of the exact page where the ad loaded.
    Time and day the ad loaded.
    Please try to grab and save a screenshot of the advertisement. You will not be able to upload along with the "Contact Us" form, but we may email you asking to see it.
    At minimum, a written description of what the ad looked like: what category it belongs in, the brand being advertised, etc.

If you're referring to a link or hub created by a hubber:
    Hubpages has strict guidelines about promotion of MLMs and any type of shady opportunity. However sometimes there automatic bots don't pick up certain keywords that would make the hub unpublished. In this case, it's best to flag the hub and write the reason you believe the links/topic of the hub are inappropriate. It will be added to the moderator queue so it can be checked and, if necessary, unpublished.

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I'll try to get more information next time I see it and pass it on.