jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Am I Brave Enough to Withstand a Critique?

1. TeriB profile image61
    TeriBposted 7 years ago

OK, I'm new, found hubpages and had some ideas of what I wanted to work on.  Unfortunately, I may have made a mistake in that my first few I created with the idea that I would keep developing them; however, that would mean they have to keep coming back, like a blog.  Is that wrong?  Should it be a total, finished item when I post it publicly?

Will you check these out and let me know what you think?  The Save Money one is actually complete, but those on displays aren''t.  What should I change/work on?
    Teri  roll

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's not wrong, exactly, but it's not recommended.   When you write a blog, people can subscribe by RSS and be notified when you add more material.   Add more material to a Hub, and no one knows about it.  So you may as well write it as a complete article in the first place - then if you want to write more on that subject, start a new Hub and link them together.

By the way, it's never a good idea to put your email address in a post - you will only end up getting spam mail.  If people want to contact you, they can use the contact button on your profile

1. TeriB profile image61
        TeriBposted 7 years ago in reply to this

THANKS!  I edited that out.

2. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Terri,
      First off it is o.k. to ask and many of us will be happy to help, so don't worry we are not harsh.smile
      I reviewed "Jewelry sales suggestions......
      1. Subject should pop out to the reader.. ex: How to Set up a Jewelry Booth
      2. Article has to flow  and the first paragraph should draw attention to the reader: ex As a professional who is constantly setting up booths I have realized that in the past several years I have became an expert etc. etc. etc. put your personality into your first paragraph , this is about your knowledge .
      3. When giving instruction go throught each one and give clear instruction on the set up.
      A. Preparation
      B. Setting Up
      C. Accessories 

Look at other hubs and see the flow as each write is unique , I do really write many how to's but you can look at examples.
      You are doing fine you just have to organize.smile Julianna

FYI: If you wish you can use my subject example as your example I do not mind.smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

OK, I had a look at the Save Money Hub and you're on the right track. My comments:

Split your text up into several text capsules. Then sprinkle pictures and eBay/Amazon capsules around instead of having them all at the top or bottom (how to do that - use the green arrows to move them up and down, or to reduce them to half size so they sit to the right of the text). 

It would be great if you had, say, a picture of a little black dress to illustrate the paragraph about the little black dress;  then a picture of a cute jacket to illustrate the jacket section, and so on.