jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Time for Hubs to Mature and Get Traffic

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

With the new suggestions about revising your hubs to improve traffic, it is worth considering how long it takes for a hub to get lift off. I have found that many of my hubs take four to eight weeks, or even longer, for some hubs to really take off. Do other people experience this delay? If so how long? This could obviously affect any decision about updating your hubs. You could end up chasing your tail.

1. LiamBean profile image88
      LiamBeanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

JD: I think it depends on the content. I have one particular "how to" hub that took a good six months to ferment. It now gets at least 150 hits a day; and this is an obscure "how to" that likely appeals to less than one ten thousandth of the population here in the states. Of course, this popularity is due to "word-of-mouth" communications.

Other, more technical hubs, take three to four weeks to start getting a decent number of hits.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

I think that's a good point.  I see people in the forums who've been members only a few weeks and I do wonder whether they've given their hubs long enough to flourish before they start toying with them.  It's easy to be impatient and think in days and weeks, when Google thinks in months and years.  (And yes, I consider myself to be one of the impatient people, I get concerned when my traffic dips for just a few days!)

3. fordie profile image81
    fordieposted 4 years ago

I think the point is that we all have hubs there that aren't doing well and have sat on the account for a long time. Better to update these than to start afresh, perhaps.

I have found some hubs getting lift-off quickly - but perhaps because those are the ones that have got good backlinks from elsewhere, increasing the chance that a bot arrives and does the indexing.

Even with a time lag, changes must be a good thing so long as they are focused and extend the original concept. More keywords, or more relevant text to support the existing ones. The engines will get around to indexing in their own time. No need to guess when that might be.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

I have found mine lift off within a couple of weeks..as Fordies say..if it had been sitting on the shelf for so long what is a couple of weeks? smile

5. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

When people talk about hubs maturing they are usually talking about a year or two.

Nothing wrong with hitting a hot topic, though.

1. LiamBean profile image88
      LiamBeanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I try to write hubs that age well, but this simply ins't possible with technical hubs about smart-phones, computers, tablets, and laptops.