jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Older Hubs Dropping fast

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

hey,any one else have this happen? My older hubs score are dropping rapidly.I have tweaked them and changed and added keywords,linked in social sites and blogs and still the traffic drops.Is there anything else I can do?;-)

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I do not worry about the older hubs as much, just keep up what you are doing and keep writing new hubs.  Try to figure out which topics have been most popular with you and try to write about those.  Over six or seven months you will be able to see what works well, and what topics will never do that great.  Sometimes I just write about what I feel like, but I know certain topics I write about will do better than others.

3. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Your oldest about 3 months- yeah the hit rock bottom and start coming back up after about 6 months - probably because you keep building links to them it can take that long for Google to notice - just keep writing!

4. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I agree with Lissie and SweetiePie and sometimes they seem to resurrect which is very interesting. Just write when you can and don't worry about the old ones smile

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the encouraging words ,I'll continue to write then.;-)

1. AEvans profile image74
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can do it smile

5. Trends and Buzz profile image61
    Trends and Buzzposted 7 years ago

Correct. Just keep writing.

6. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 7 years ago

I notice the same thing but it's true you can be surprised when some older hubs do "resurrect".....lol... sometimes a blog or forum will pick them up and they are off and running again....... and yes just keep writing!!

7. Pat Merewether profile image78
    Pat Merewetherposted 7 years ago

I've had some sink for a while, and like other folks here say - they sometimes pop back up to the top.

A lot of topics are also seasonal, like gardening, vacation idea, various holidays.

Keep looking foward and writing!  =]