jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why am I only earning pennies?

1. lucybell21 profile image84
    lucybell21posted 4 years ago

I have been here a little while & have written 27hubs. I know that is no much. But why does CPM or whatever get all the money and I get a few cents each month. I gotta say in the time I have been here I have not even made $2 yet, and I will say right out there, that lets say CPM made $6.89, I made 6cents. I don't even know what CPM means. What am I doing wrong? How can I make more in earnings. It takes me time and thought when I write my hubs, and to make a few cents.. I try to spend as much time here reading other hubbers, and I leave comments on all the hubs I read.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are not getting any traffic.

I'm guessing you need to do the SEO thing.

lucybell21posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see that I had made it on at least 3 of my hubs in the google search pages. The hub I wrote last night was on page 2 today. I am getting a little bit of traffic.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm still learning myself, because, though I became a member a year ago, I only recently started writing hubs.
      I can tell you that when I started paying attention to SEO, and putting keywords where they were needed, my income went up. When I started sharing over several other websites, my income went up again.
      And now I'll start a blog next week, after I've finished reading everything I have flagged for making a blog. This will help increase my backlinks. When I say that my income has gone up, I mean by pennies. For example, I made about $1.00 the first month that I was writing hubs, and I've made $1.07 in the first three days of this month. So it crawls up. It doesn't shoot up, unless you have several hubs that get a lot of views.
      Everything I've read that seems sensible says that you need to have patience and expect to increase your traffic over months.
      That's what I know so far. I hope it's helpful to you.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

CPM is not a person, it's an acronym that signifies earnings per thousand views.  It's telling you how much you'd be making for each thousand views if your traffic got that high.

If you want to make better Hubs, go read the Learning Center.

lucybell21posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh okay thanks. I knew it was not a person. I just did not know what it meant. i still have much to learn here.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Lucybell, I have another account which is a year old and earns in cents... because I do not do keyword research for what I write there.. (that is for fun and I enjoy it.)
    SO no one is searching for those terms on Google.
    I haven't bothered to promote it until now..
    I haven't optimized it for the search engines..
    I do not have much traffic on those pages....
    Thus it earns in cents... Check what you are doing against these statements and you will know what has to be done.. Hope that helps in someways..

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

CPM is how much you will earn per 1000 views.  Your CPM is pretty average for Hubpages, so you just need to get more views.

5. ankitharrytom profile image80
    ankitharrytomposted 4 years ago

Even a single Hub is enough to get some traffic. I have only 7 Hubs here and one of them has has got like 640 out of the 1100 total of my views. As a result I earned about $1.5 from that alone in January. So it all depends on choosing the right topic, making a keyword optimized unique title and writing a good article on minimum 500 words