jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (15 posts)

Hmm what should I do? Is this a sign that my hubs were copied?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, first of all I'm placing this in the Hangout rather than help section as I want the opinion of other hubbers and not a help as such.

I just checked my traffic sources and it shows as 1 view today from freearticle.co
    Over the past week 10 from it and overall 15. Do u think a hub was copied or something?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What I have found when that happens is that a link to your hub has been placed on the page you are receiving hits from.

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I do know that the link is from the page it comes from. But the website looks to be like a scraper and seems to be loaded with copied content.

2. Susana S profile image89
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Probably copied. The website it looks like a spammy content farm.

Ya that's exactly what I think as well. But I wonder how they placed my link - Hmm will check some hubs and see who's the one getting visits from this place.

I found the hub that's getting traffic from them.. Time to check for copies

Copyscape shows that no content was copied from that hub. I googled a para and no results as well. I wonder where my link is on that site then

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
              Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes it will show in  a Twitter RSS feed that may be somewhere on the site if you have Tweeted the hub.  I have gotten some hits from some sites that I never found the link however.

2. Susana S profile image89

Do you have any links to that hub from another hub? It might be a another hub that's been copied that contains a link to the one receiving traffic, if that makes sense.

You can also look in analytics. Go to traffic sources > referral traffic > click on the link from freearticle.co and it should have the source url that the traffic is coming from.

I'll do the analytics thing. According to me, if people visit one of your hubs and are redirected to another hub it shows as a visit from yourname.hubpages.com rather than the original - isn't it?

Just to make sure I'll check the analytics and let u know

Oh it's nothing to worry big_smile I got myself a backlink - not from a high PR site though sad

Here's the link of the source of traffic
                  freearticle.co/business/elance-proficiency-test-questions-and-elance-test-answers-pass-with-these-elance-admission-test-answers/

1. Susana S profile image89

A link is a link smile Better than having to deal with DMCA's at least!

2. dipless profile image84
                  diplessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes but if someone has just copied your article this will include the link to your article and so the referring site will no longer be yourname.hubpages.com it will be the site which has your copied content.

Hope this helps.

Yup got it thanks big_smile

working