jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Using a Video to Stimulate Traffic To Your Hubs

1. healthwriterbob profile image84
    healthwriterbobposted 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed that simply adding a video to a well-written hub that previously lacked one has the effect of stimulating new traffic? This seems to be true even if the hub is an older one.

1. robie2 profile image92
      robie2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

it seems to be *especially true* if the hub is an older one-- and yes I have noticed.  I find adding a few sentences of fresh content will also stimulate new traffic. I think the deal is that Google likes fresh content-- a few sentences, a new video, whatever and adding often pushes the hub up a bit in search engine rankings so you get more traffic.

2. NatalieSack profile image61
      NatalieSackposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't yet tried adding videos, but I am interested.  Are they protected the way images are, or can you use any old thing from You Tube, for example?

2. healthwriterbob profile image84

Hi robie2,
    Thanks for your observations. Take care.

3. healthwriterbob profile image84

Hi Natalie,
    Hubpages supports videos from YouTube and several other sites so I think it is OK to use these for your hubs. Just add a video capsule to your hub, choose edit,  select the site that you want to use for your video, and finally cut and paste the URL of the video that you want. Good luck.

working