jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why should we flag hubs?

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

Having flagged a number of hubs over the last couple of months mainly due to inappropriate numbers of outbound links to the same source I have recently gone back and checked on some of those hubs- and they are still published!

Is hubpages ignoring flags on hubs now?

It's not much encouragement for us to take time to flag hubs for various reasons

1. MrNick profile image60
      MrNickposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I noticed the same thing awhile ago.  some shocking hubs weren't removed despite flagging.  No wonder the google slap came in.

Surely HP should be learning lessons and culling those hubs?

2. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But have the hubs been revised?
      A violation isn't an automatic reason for unpublishing a hub if the violation is corrected.

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
        CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope they haven't been revised

I flagged two hubs which had at least 4 outbound links to the same website and they've still remained published John

@2uesday-The irony is that these are not hubs published within 24 hours of a hubber joining the site but actually from an established hubber that has double figure numbers of hubs.

2. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

If they cannot cope with the quantity then it might be worth a time delay between sign up and publishing if only 24 hours. Hopefully some of the bizarre attempts at free publicity might be reduced by something like that.

Not wanting to distract from your topic, which I have to agree with it does make you feel as if you are wasting your time.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The queue to review flagged Hubs is long enough that it takes about a week for them to get to things that only have one flag.  When lots of people report a problem, that bumps it up.

If someone has created a lot of hubs that violate the TOS, it's better to flag their account for review.  That seems to get a faster response for users who are making lots of bad content.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's good to know. I have flagged overly promotional or substandard hubs, but I was hesitant to flag an account.