jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Removing one particular advert from one of my hubs.

1. sgbrown profile image93
    sgbrownposted 5 years ago

I just wrote a hub on the pitfalls of credit cards. The add program put an andvert on that page for a 0% interest credit card. What a conflict. Is there a way to remove just that one advert on that one hub?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can contact team@hubpages.com  and explain your dilemma. I don't know if that will help, but this is something that happens a lot.
      The robots that skim your hubs recognize words like 'credit card' but don't necessarily recognize that you are speaking against them.
      I wrote a humorous one about how to keep from using credit cards and got similar ads on it. I also wrote about not carrying a purse and got an ad for expensive purses on it.
      You can choose to make a hub non-commercial and not have any ads on it, but I'm not sure if you can be selective.

sgbrownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply Rochelle, not sure yet what I am going to do about it. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you're signed up for the HPAds program, there's nothing you can do. 

If it's just Adsense, you could add the credit card companies to your "Allow and Block Ads" section of your Adsense account.  However, you can't control what appears during HubPages' share of the time.

Hi Marisa, it is HPAds program, guess I will just "grin and bear it".  Thank you for your reply. smile

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

You could add a humorous update to the bottom of your hub, pointing out that there might be credit card ads on the page.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking this, too.
      Either that, or a little disclaimer to beware of advertisements that sound too good to be true.

2. sgbrown profile image93

I think I will go with Healthy Pursuits idea and just put something "cute" at athe bottom about it.  Thank you all for your answers! smile

working