jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Got a duplicate content warning but then it went away?

1. Bendo13 profile image83
    Bendo13posted 4 years ago

I just got done writing this LOOOOOONG hub that was about 3,000+ words and it was all from my own notes on a documentary I saw and some other information added in there... so I was writing the hub from my own words, the notes, into my own words once again, the hub.

I had the window open a long time, maybe that's part of the problem, but when I went to publish it... it said that a lot of my content was on other pages?

So I figured I'd go through, copy and paste the contents of a text capsule into Word, then delete it and try to publish the hub... good idea, right?  It'd tell me right away which capsule had the "guilty" content in it.

So I started with the first capsule that had the introduction in it... copy, paste, delete, publish... it worked!  It published it without any duplicate content error!

So I decided to check and see if that capsule really was a problem and popped it right back in, and saved it... no duplicate content warning?

So... was the first warning a faulty warning?  Or what's up?

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Sounds like it was a hiccup. That's a technical term. big_smile

Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope so... I don't want to have to try to re-write a hub of that length haha

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If it does happen again, it will probably be a separate issue and may mean that it was stolen.

Edit: So don't go re-writing it. smile

Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I'm not planning on re-writing it... I'll just wait and see.

If it pops up again I guess I'll start editing that intro and go from there... I have already dealt with people stealing my content; it's not fun having to contact them to take it down.

working