jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Traffic still not improved. What should I do?

1. kksonakiya profile image76
    kksonakiyaposted 4 years ago

I started a thread regarding my extreme drop in traffic (almost 90%) and the discussion ended with "open a new account". Here is a link to the previous thread:

However, it is not easy as it seems.I wrote those articles with passion and invested great amount of time, so I just can't watch them to beg for traffic.

Now, it has been over a month now and my traffic continues to be around 250 to 320. Here is what I did last week:
    * I edited all of hubs with little content
    * I unpublished under performing hubs (some of them were not performing at all).

Now, here is where I need your help friends.
    I want to send my kksonakiya.hubpages.com site to webmaster tools for reconsideration, but since I don't even know where I went wrong, I can't justify the reconsideration. I have not written any sub-standard content, every content is original and justifies the headline, even if it was about an unreleased gadget because I kept the promise by updating that particular hub when appropriate.

Also, I don't overstuff my hub with keywords because I don't care about SEO, I write for my readers and not SEO. You can see for yourself, I don't use a keyword over and over again when it is not needed. As a matter of fact, one of my best hubs is not at all optimized for SEO, yet it brought me huge traffic.

So, before I submit my site for reconsideration, I'd be truly grateful if you could tell me about 'what is wrong with my content'. I'll make sure to correct it and never repeat it ever again.

Also, do you think that I should contact HubPages about this issue? Actually, they say that they get huge ammount of emails each day and it is not possible to answer every single email, so I should try to get the answer via forums or learning center or FAQ.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I am replying to this hoping someone with more expertise will spot it and offer advice. In the meantime:

It would be a good idea to look in the FAQ's and Learning Center to see if you can find any clues to what is causing the problem.

I am talking general here not specifically about the hubs you have written - there are things that could cause a slight drop such as some hubs being seasonal. Or maybe a topic that has a limited shelf life; but you would know that anyway when you wrote it.

However 90% is a steep drop and I can only suggest you try to pin down what has caused it. If the drop is in Google search traffic you could try looking at some of the videos on YouTube made by the Google team. Then see if you can relate what is being said to your traffic drop. Sometimes it seems that no matter what someone does the Google traffic does not return and they do not know why.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

With such a lot of hubs and such difficult questions, you will probably need to pay an expert to review your hubs. But be careful about choosing the right person. Or even better, learn the trade yourself! I don't think this forum can do much to help. Also, you could try to research hubs similar to yours - see if you can find out why they are doing better in search engines than your hubs. Good luck!

4. Rain Defence profile image98
    Rain Defenceposted 4 years ago

If you don't do any keyword research or SEO and you have found that your traffic is not to your liking, then you know what you need to do...