jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Can I post my Articles on Multiple Blog Sites?

1. Evankovach profile image59
    Evankovachposted 4 years ago

I'm a little bit confused as far as the legality of posting my articles across different blog sites.  For example: would it be acceptable to post a blog on Google's Blogger and then post that same article on another blog site or on HP? Or is it legal but frowned upon? Blog etiquette is clearly new to me!

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You cannot post what you have posted on other sites to HP..it will be moderated for duplicate content. Posting the content from Hubpages to other sites may also cause it to be labelled as duplicate. Google also frowns upon such practices.. so better safe than sorry .. I suggest you click on help and read up the FAQ and the learning center articles to help you navigate this site easily.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Posting exactly the same article on multiple sites is an old trick used by internet marketers - but it can actually work against you today.  If some "internet expert" is recommending it to you, they're way behind the times!

If you have the same article on multiple sites, Google will rank one high, and demote the rest.  The trouble is, you have no way of controlling which one will rank high.  So for instance, you might post here on HP (which has reasonably good income potential), then post on another site which doesn't generate income - and if Google decides to feature the second one, you've just missed out on earnings.

The modern way to do it is to write different articles on the same subject and interlink them.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

As stated above, Hubs have to be unique (not elsewhere online).

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

The help section should provide more answers. What you can do is to post links to your hubs on other sites..........cool

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

It's best NOT to post the same article elsewhere smile it gets flagged as duplicate. You CAN write a entirely NEW article elsewhere thats similar or related and use your author bio to point back to your HP site smile

5. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

As everyone else is saying, you can't duplicate your HP anywhere else. However, it would be to your advantage to do backlinks, which would lead people to your hub on HP.