jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

two week old hubber would like feedback

1. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

My hubs are averaging low views yet the ratings they get are ok - how can I improve - any suggestions welcome.  Thank you.

1. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Liz:

There are a few things you can do to improve the views. But I believe you will see those views increase after a couple of months. You are still fairly new to the hubpages platform, so be patient and you will see an upward movement in those red arrows grow. However in the meantime, try re-editing each article that you have already written. Going over it like a fine tooth comb searching for any typos and other grammatical erros. Also seeing if you can change your wording around in a paragraph, or two, to make it even more reader friendly, or even adding some additional info. to your writing. These are only a few suggestions and there are probably more that others can give you. If you are writing useful and informative content then in the long run you will reap the rewards from it. Hope this helps you out a bit. Happy writing here as a newbie to hubages.

Jl

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol I read the title as "Two Week Old Hubber"

Lizam1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

:-)  sadly can't seem to change the t to a T but good point!

3. Joelipoo profile image86
      Joelipooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Liz:

I'm relatively new to this as well, but I have noticed something.  When I publish hubs consistently, my views stay high, but if I go a few days without being active, my views dip down lower.  It seems to be very important to keep putting out content, but make sure it is still quality and not just all about quantity.

That makes sense.  The quality is very important I agree.  Thanks for replying.

2. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

Thanks - editing and re-editing IS good advice.  Patience - now where does one buy that?..tee hee.  Appreciate you taking time to review.  Liza

3. Jlbowden profile image81
    Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago

Your very welcomed Liza:

As for the patience-I don't have much of that either. I guess is something that is a characteristic trait of most humans.

Jl

4. savanahl profile image80
    savanahlposted 5 years ago

I'm new too and I'm learning that a good title is very important, as well as a strong and compelling summary, at least 10 tags and good keywords that people are searching for. Google has a great keyword research tool.

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

Hope this helps and good luck.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And use the title tuner. If you can incorporate all the key words suggested that show 50% search or better, it helps. Even if the title seems ridiculously long, try to come up with something.

Ex.: Exploration into the Human Equation: How Nanobots are Helping Scientists in the Quest for Longevity

Or

Handbags: Man's Art of Necessity: The Evolution of the Bag and How To Make Your Own Travel Sack

Anything that contains a recipe - use the word 'Recipe' in the title as well as the words 'How To' - one of the most searched phrases on the web. ("How to Make Gluten Free Bread Plus Recipe for ____________")

Title tuner - where and how do I find that handy dandy little tool....?  Great suggestion for key word inclusion in titles - so longer with the right words will help.

2. Lizam1 profile image82

Thanks - I have just started learning about the key words.  Oh boy, so much to learn.  Great opportunity though.

working