jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How to make the hub more attractive

1. stevencruiser profile image61
    stevencruiserposted 4 years ago

I am Steven,I have 6 published hubs and I am a newbie in hubpages. I have simply published my hubs in text module. Can anyone tell me how to improve my hubs so that I would have more visitors for my hub. I participate in forums and comments on other hubs. Is there any way to improve the page rank of my profile page?

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have some very interesting and beneficial topics Steven.

I notice you have a lot of your words in "bold" which you don't need to do.

Also, i personally love to add pictures and videos (polls some times) to make the page look more interesting.

And as you continue to write more hubs, your scores (hub scores and hubber score) will increase just as your traffic and earnings will.

Welcome to HP and all the best.

2. Cliff Mendrez profile image86
      Cliff Mendrezposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Read more hubs. Learn how others make their hubs attractive. I suggest you go to the extreme hub makeover forum and ask help there.

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The first thing that jumped out at me was the titles. Use the title tuner and try to incorporate any key word over 50% into the title even if it seems impossibly long. Especially the words 'how to', one of the most searched key word out there.

So a title might be "How to Improve Your Resume Skills and Write an Interview Grabbing Cover Letter

Have you written all your summaries (look for the summary tag to the right of the article and write a brief grabber).

4. writing4action profile image75
      writing4actionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's easy. You need to write at least 2000 words per hub, add 1 image per 500 words, 3 links per 500 words, 1 video per 500 words, one poll per hub and also a map.

That works for me all the time.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Stevencruiser smile I would also recommend using the Search bar at the top and look at 'promoting' methods to generate traffic to your hubs smile we write, promote and earn wink manage your time effectively between writing and promotion smile you'll do well. Just ensure you have some fun too wink

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago

In your Resume hub, for example, you have the word 'resume' twice in the first paragraph. Bold those two words. In the second paragraph underline the word 'resume'. Google now sees this as an important word in the article.

If you want to make the article look more interesting, as you say, you could format it like a magazine or newspaper, using columns. The way to do this is by clicking the right facing arrow at the top of the capsule so the entire capsule moves to the right. The capsule below will come up and fill in the left side making it appear as though you have columns or sidebars. If one capsule's text is longer than the other, the text will wrap around and look really good.