To HubPages Engineers:
The email digest notification is not notifying me of answers to questions that I have asked, even though I am following the question asked.
Here is how to reproduce the problem.
1. In "Email Settings", make the following settings for "When a question that I am following is answered":
Instant Email = Never
Digest = Always
Mobile = Never
2. In "Questions You Follow", make the following settings:
By default, follow questions that I ask: Checkmarked
By default, follow questions that I answer: Checkmarked.
3. Answer someone else's question.
4. Ask a question.
5. Wait a day to receive email digest notification. Confirm that both the question answered and the question asked has new replies.
6. See that email digest indicates new replies for the question answered.
7. Problem: See that email digest has no indication or new replies for the question asked.
Expected: to see that email digest indicates new replies also for the question asked.
8. Go to the question asked in Hubpages and confirm that the question is in fact being followed as indicated by the green button that enables you to unfollow the question. Go to the list of "Questions followed" and see that the question asked is indeed listed there.
Therefore, one should get email digest notifications for that question asked.
by Jamie Brock6 years ago
Hey everybody,I recently started getting excited about my Adsense earnings as they seemed to be getting pretty consistent. Being new they are still low but they were getting pretty close to being $1 a day and sometimes...
by Ari Lamstein5 years ago
We recently made an improvement to how notifications are handled on comments on your Hubs. If you would like to receive a notification when someone comments on your Hub, you will now need to "follow"...
by Ari Lamstein6 years ago
We are currently taking a high level look at our notification system: under what circumstances we send a notification to users, how the notifications are sent (e.g. via email or the iPhone app), how users can...
by Terishere5 years ago
I noticed yesterday, I wasn't receiving any notification of a new comment on the hubs I am following.I have to manually check them.I thought it was strange that the volume of emails I receive from Hubpages team was...
by Susannah Birch5 years ago
I haven't seen a thread on this (feel free to post the link if there is).Hubpages will soon be giving ad share for questions.From the Hubpages weekly newsletter:While some of these Questions are winning prize money, all...
by Faith Reaper2 years ago
I noticed that I have not received one notification from HP since yesterday at 11:55 a.m.! I am not receiving any notifications on hubs I have commented on or newly published hubs from hubbers I follow. Is...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.