jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Traffic Loss

1. againsttheodds profile image85
    againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago

Has anyone experienced changing from Hubpage ads to adsense resulting in a traffic loss?  I had hundreds of views a day which has now reduced to a small fraction of that.  I can see that pages that were on the first google serp have dropped to page 6 or 10 even.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Alhough I am not an expert... far from it... I see no correlation between the two..may be plain coincidence. I am bumping it up so the experts will answer your question.
      Sandbox may be the place ...but I don't even want to suggest it... the pain of having to suffer for six months is still fresh in my mind. Best wishes to you.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd agree with Sofs on this.

If you saw a SUDDEN drop of a large percent, it could very well be a sandbox.

2. writing4action profile image74
      writing4actionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google started slapping sites with too many ads.

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Some of your pages appear to be sandboxed- this one for example 'Datacore Sansymphony-V Microsoft Monitoring Pack'

This one doesn't seem to be sandboxed:  'Republican Convention 2012: Trouble On The Path To The Presidential Nomination'

You can check by taking the titles and searching for them in Google. If your titles are unusual and long they should come up first in search. If the title is just a few keywords they should come up somewhere in the first few pages.

You can also take a paragraph from a suspect hub and search for that.

I am starting to think that unique titles are important when it comes to sand boxing. Pages with very similar titles to other pages seem to get hit more.

Google has said it does not like pages written specially for a particular keyword phrase.

This search brings up many similar pages with similar content to your Datacore page.

http://www.google.co.th/search?rlz=1C1C … oring+Pack

You could try unpubishing any unsuccessful pages that you have. It seems to help .

3. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

Hi againsttheodds, welcome to Hubpages!

IMO it was totally coincidence that when you turned off HPAds, your traffic dropped.  Did this happen the last few days?  Maybe it was just Super Bowl weekend.  I saw a big drop in my traffic last weekend, but it is inching back up.

On my first few months, my hubs got a lot of traffic within Hubpages, but only a few, if any, from search engines.  It takes a few months for hubs to mature, and rank well.  I have hubs that were nowhere to be seen in google serp before, and suddenly found their way to page 10... I know these hubs have a long way to go, but from nowhere to page 10?  Amazing! (to me anyway) smile

Just keep on writing, and I wish you the best of luck here on Hubpages.

4. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

It appears that Google or HP is taking turns promoting or bringing traffic to my hubs. One day there is a group getting traffic and the next day they don't get any and another group gets the traffic.

5. againsttheodds profile image85
    againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago

Well the traffic loss had been since 2/3.  Last night I turned off adsense and went back to HP ads.  That and a few other things such as driving traffic to my site manually and I think I may be pretty close back to normal today.  Cannot say for sure what the issue was.  Thanks everyone and I will monitor and let you know.

1. Larry Fields profile image90
      Larry Fieldsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thick-headed Larry's stoopid question of the day: What the dickens is sandboxing?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

'sandboxing' is when Google effectively drops your site/article from the search results altogether, or you are so far down the results your work never gets read or seen by anyone looking for that subject.

6. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

I did seem to lose some at the end of last week but it was like a 1,100 on one hub and dropped to 800..its creeped over 900 now smile

Earnings are recovering and 3-4 struggling days.. touch wood!