jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Coloured text and fonts?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 8 years ago

Will there ever be different coloured text and fonts for the text editor or would that be too reminiscent of one of those sites where people promote their scams, erm�books?

When I write my articles in Office Word, I tend to have the titles and subtitles in red.

I can fully accept that the reason is probably because the creative will garnish their hub so that it looks like a garishly decorated Christmas tree, isn�t it?tongue

2. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

Not the first time, I'm sure many hubbers won't like the option smile

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Some one can be creative with colorful texts but some may wish to be traditional with B/W.
    Jyoti Kothari

1. Reealjrd profile image54
      Reealjrdposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You are right jyoti.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've never seen a site that looks in any way decent, readable or professional when it contains different coloured text.

4. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

It's tricky, using multicolored texts and making them look professional. 

Plus, different browsers do Things to colors, and may transform that beautifully tinted text into something repulsive, or invisible.

But I'd still like a little more flexibility.  A few more non-gonzo font choices, a bit more control over size and the ability to center-align (maybe even right-align) text would make me happy.

5. Anti-Valentine profile image93

I’ve all ready mentioned different coloured fonts, so how about different font types and sizes?

When I’m working on a sidebar, i.e. to the right of the article I’ve written, it looks a little strange to have the fonts the same size, whereas you might have a caption or a sidebar with smaller font sizes, perhaps to distinguish them from the main text, and to prevent it from taking up too much space.

6. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 8 years ago

There are a variety of font sizes and effects built-in to the text capsule.

7. Anti-Valentine profile image93

Seriously? Oh man...nevermind then. I'll check them out.

8. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

There isn't that much variety, though.

One workaround I sometimes use for captioning photos and videos is to add a text capsule and use superscript for the text.  It comes out smaller.

9. ANDR01D profile image95
    ANDR01Dposted 8 years ago

I'm just used to all the options I get in Microsoft Word '07.

I have just edited a few of my hubs and they look tidy now.

working