jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Proposing a Change to the Default Order of the "My Account" Stats Page

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Before I'm blasted, let me just say that I realize that all the columns on our "My Account" stats page are sortable and it's super easy to change it out anytime I want.

However, I'm wondering how many of us automatically resort the stats because the default setting (highest "HubScore") is not something we're interested in?

Of all the things to sort by, I find this to be the one of the least used by me.  I'm just curious if other hubbers always find themselves resorting their stats to something they use far more often.  If so, perhaps HP could reconsider the default setting and change it to something most people use. 

For me, I usually sort in the 1 day (24 hr) pageviews in descending order.  What about you?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  Traffic is the most important thing, so page views should be the default.

Having HubScore as the default only perpetuates the myth that it's somehow important.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+1

You read my mind.

I hope this thread gets buried in affirmatives.

Maybe it might work. big_smile

3. JamaGenee profile image85
      JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

KCC, I agree with you in principle, but do we REALLY want HP changing something else?? Seems like whenever they do, features we depend on and use regularly get mucked up (or don't work at all!) for days, sometimes weeks.

Personally, I don't mind using a bit of "manual labor" to sort my stats if the alternative might be not having any stats at all until the glitch that always seems to occur gets sorted out. cool

2. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Ayup. Hub score is of no interest.  I'm usually sorting by views or  dates.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83

Same here.  Pageviews and dates are the most for me to sort by.  I love the new "modified" date. Comment counts and scores are really never something I look at.

4. GinnyLee profile image93
    GinnyLeeposted 5 years ago

concur.  Or simply have a setting to default to a particular sorting at your choosing.

5. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I agree too. I sort by published date if I am trying to find something hard to find but traffic is more important.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's what makes the pulse rate quicken, one way or the other...

6. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It would be nice to sort hubs on something more subjective. How about sorting by "best looking"? Just kidding. big_smile

No, actually, I agree. It would be nice to set our personal default, like maybe someone likes the way it's sorted now, but another person would like to sort it another way by default. I think that would be cool.

7. KCC Big Country profile image83

Thank you for all the responses.  You're right, having each person set their own default would be the ultimate.

8. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Great suggestion.. that is probably the only thing I see on the stats page.  +1

9. John Holden profile image59
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I view stats by publication date (and now revised date)sometimes by day view, sometimes by all time views but rarely the same view twice.
    What I'm saying is that whatever the default it probably would mean resorting, which really isn't any big deal anyway.

working