jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Question about the referal link

1. healthmanager profile image83
    healthmanagerposted 5 years ago

My friend wants to sign up for hubpages and he asked me for a link. But I have been trying to set up a referal which can't seem to work. I followed all the steps, but when ever i try my referral in my adress bar, the url changes and my referral just dissapears.

Another question (if we say I solved this puzzle) if I want to recieve 10% of my friend's earnings, after he signs up and starts publishing articles, what page should I link to him?

Thank you for taking time to answer my question

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I haven't done a referral link lately tongue but yours should look something like this --> http:   //hubpages.com/_XXXX/user/new/. I put a space after the http so it's not a live link tongue the learning centre should help at the bottom of the screen smile I think the link rotates the same as adsense does hmm 60 for you, 40 for HP. When your rotation comes up and he joins, he will show up on your referral record found under --> my account/earnings/referrals(trackers?) tongue you can advertise your tracker link to get referrals or email it smile

1. healthmanager profile image83
      healthmanagerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The problem is when I try to use my referal (after I sign out from hubpages) the referal: /_XXXX/ just dissapears from the URL.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't mean anything. That is always the case, not just for you.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WE is correct.

Adding the referral tracker in simply redirects them back to the original page, but inserts a cookie in their system so that when they DO sign up, you get the referral credit.

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All those smiling faces make your post rather difficult to read.

working