jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

can I take part in the contest?

1. Mala Srivastava profile image60
    Mala Srivastavaposted 5 years ago

I do not have a google adsense account, can I still take part in the contest. I am waiting to get a decent hubber score before I apply for adsense account. I also want to know - is it necessary to have an adsense account to get enrolled in the hubpages earning program.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

NO! not at all.. the contest has nothing to do with adsense, you may need a paypal account as Hubpages pays you through paypal  if you win.
      You do need an adsense account  to join the Hubpage earning program.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, sofs, you are wrong.

You do need to have an Adsense account to apply for the HP Ads Program and contest payments will be paid through that program. You could try clicking on "contest" at the top of the page to read all the rules.

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

UW , I just read the FAQ on this and found that I am wrong... sorry..I came back to clear up any confusion it may cause. Thank you.
        @Mala this is what the FAQ says
        Anyone meeting the geographic criteria is eligible to earn from a contest, but in order to get paid for a contest, you need to be enrolled and in good standing with the HubPages Earnings Program. If you win a contest but have not joined the HubPages Earnings Program, you will get an email reminding you to sign up.

2. Mala Srivastava profile image60
    Mala Srivastavaposted 5 years ago

Thanks sofs and uninvited writer for the reply.

working