jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How many affiliates do you have?

1. Patkay profile image85
    Patkayposted 5 years ago

Just curious, how many sign ups from referral trackers do you have? Have they published any hubs and do you visit their hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have nearly 500 referral sign-ups.  Of those, less than a dozen have written enough good quality Hubs to earn a decent income.

When I started, I used to try working with my referrals.  If they signed up and did nothing, I'd send them an encouraging email and offer my help.  I would leave comments on their first few Hubs.  I'd keep an eye out for them in the forums and answer their questions.

Eventually I learned that if someone is going to do well on HubPages, they'll do it on their own - and if they're not going to do well, my input won't make any difference.  So I pay very little attention to it now.

Patkayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow 500 referral sign ups, I have less than 10. I like what you have said that you can only do well on your own. Thanks for sharing.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Like Marisa, I've found referrals to not be worth putting any attention or time into. 

I had one that earned really well in the pre-Panda days, to the tune of close to $100 per month, but post-Panda that person had their entire account banned.

Patkayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks relache for posting. I see you also agree with Marisa, the referrals should go it on their own just like we have done.

working