jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What is looked at for "duplication?"

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I have a query from a different angle of "duplication of content."

I presume that the duplicate content crawlers are looking for text?

I am wondering whether (if it actually fits the topic,) whether it is acceptable to re-use the same photo from one hub to another?

I have one hub already published, (a recipe, with a purpose-taken photo), and another hub, (that is an answer to a question), in the works.  The recipe photo would work very well to illustrate the "answer" hub.

Is that allowable, or must I take a whole new photo?

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can use the same photo in all your hubs if you want to. The bots only crawl text.

2. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely! Couturepopcafe is right..I have many hubs with the same pictures... no issues at all there... it is only written content that could be labelled duplicate if reproduced in your other hubs.

2. iamageniuster profile image79
    iamageniusterposted 5 years ago

I get a few duplicates every once in a while too. They have a system which scans for the texts. Photos are fine to use over and over again.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Great--thank you all very much.  I suspected as much, but it never hurts to double-check with things like this.

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What is looked at for "duplication?"

Just be Really Careful with photos of Identical Twins Okay! big_smile

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
        DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ROFL!

4. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 5 years ago

If you read this article"Flagged for Duplicated Content" in my profile.  You will find some free software you can download.

Before you rewrite your article download the software.  What I do is paste the flagged content in window #1 I rewrite my article in window #2 than click compare.

I updated the article so its easier to understand the instruction to how"I"use the software.

Use the settings I use and you will not have any trouble with duplicated content.

It highlight any duplicated content whether it is from your original article or on the web.

working