jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

editing your summary?

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I tried to edit a summary because I wanted to delete a sentence.  I had already shared on the usual places.  After I deleted the sentence, I went back and checked those places I had shared it on, and the original summary was there.  Is there a way to edit the summary?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It updates eventually. One of my hubs I changed the title it took about a month for it to update on Google, happened on Yahoo and Bing overnight. About the summary I'm not sure though - you could expect it to take time as well. I did publish new hubs during that time frame and the crawl didn't pass on to that old hub I guess big_smile

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

You have!

But what you are reading is a past 'pic' of your hub PRIOR to you edit. Generally because it still appears that way in the cache or the new post-edited version has not yet been crawled... I believe.

Perhaps wait for a couple of weeks and check the SEs + re-share your hub later.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Ping it... it updates and gets crawled faster.. I have always done that in the past though I have become pretty laid back these days. smile

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile Laid Back huh? big_smile

Those 99s perhaps? tongue

4. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Thanks so much for your input.  I'll try your suggestions.

5. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

All the answers the others gave are correct. I just want to add some more thoughts...

Some sites that pick up your summary will NOT go back and check to see if you changed it. Those will stay the same after your change it and there is nothing you can do about it.

Search engines WILL update eventually. Sites that do update their cache will also reflect your changes after some time.

Other listings on HubPages that show the summary will update within an hour or so, such as when one presses "more" on your profile.

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info!

working