New Batch of HubNugget New Writers

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

Join the team for the conclusion of the HubNugget Mystery Theater - the Case of the Missing KoffeeKlatch Gals - Part 2

http://enellelamb.hubpages.com/hub/HubN … als-Part-2

Don't forget to read and vote!

1. donnaisabella profile image72
      donnaisabellaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry but no matter how hard I try, I cannot understand this as much as I want to be a part of the team that reads these hubs for hubnuggets. Is this for everyone or just a select group of people? What is this mystery and who goes out to try and resolve it? This whole thing is mysterious. If I need to know anything, please explain unless it is not important for me to do that! But, I do want to be able to read the hubs of new hubbers!

1. Enelle Lamb profile image73
        Enelle Lambposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everyone can read the new hubs, this is not exclusive to a select group of people, however, the hubs that are chosen for everyone to read each week are chosen by a group of volunteers who write a 'round up' hub and include links to each of the new writers work that has been selected.
        These 'round up hubs' (as we call them) are simply hubs that showcase the writers that were chosen for the week. The topics for these 'round up' hubs are chosen by each individual volunteer. For example, the last two hubs that I wrote were about a fictional mystery disappearance. We make up stories because they are more fun to read than a hub that simply says "here are the new hubs we chose for you to vote on".
        We also post a link to the weekly 'round up' hub in the forums (like this one,)and you simply follow the link to read all the new selections.

In answer to Browneesorchids comment - you don't need to write a hub that is very detailed, extensive or has other detailed historical contexts. Those particular hubs were in a specific category only. It just so happened that particular category was one of the 3 categories that were randomly selected for the week. Many of the hubs that are chosen for people to vote on are recipe hubs, how-to hubs, hubs about pets, love, poetry, etc.; simple one page hubs.

As to being recognized, I was never chosen as a HubNugget nominee, or a hub of the day either - that shouldn't be the reason you write and publish hubs. If your hub is interesting enough to draw people to read it and leave comments, then you are getting recognition!

There have been, and still are many different categories of contests; there is a new contest every month that everyone can enter if they choose. This particular 'contest' as it is called is simply an ongoing platform that showcases new writers. If you have some thoughts or ideas about ways to honor writers, drop a line to the HubPages staff; they are always open to new ideas!

2. Enelle Lamb profile image73

It looks like this thread is also MIA! Hopefully, others will be able to find their way here to find the link to the latest HubNugget hub!

Happy reading a voting everyone!

1. Browneesorchids profile image65
      Browneesorchidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm still confused about this contest stuff, when, where, how. I know you have to go to the contest tab or learning center to read up on the rules and where abouts but it's still rather vague and confusing. What the heck is the HubNugget Mystery Theater, anyways? I gave up on the contest and just posting out of my passion for writing prose and inspirational articles. Maybe I'll get chosen one day unknowingly.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Additionally, for the HubNuggets Program contest, all of the potential nominee Hubs for each week are sent to the volunteer HubNuggets Team members by computer. The nominees are selected as eligible by the computer system, according to a set of parameters based on date of publication of the Hub, length of time the author has been a HubPages Writer, a minimum length, inclusion of a legally usable photo, etc. The potential-nominee process is automatic, by computer.

The HubNuggets Program volunteers work together from three lists of eligible Hubs each week, one list of eligible Hubs for each of three topics of the week.   

The Roundup Hub each Friday presents a fun story or some type of article and 6 finalist Hubs in each of three topics. Anyone can vote for ONE Hub in each topic, but only one vote per IP address.

The three (out of six) Hubs in each topic that receive the most reader votes by Wednesday afternoon are then called HubNuggets and featured in the week's HubPages Newsletter.

2. ArtzGirl profile image74
        ArtzGirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

The rules of the contests are very vague.  I also feel that they should honor writers for bringing lots of people to their site, whether they feel that the article is professionally written and grammatically correct.

They should honor the people who are coming up with breakthrough hubs.  Writers who are making a difference to educate people on certain issues.

Many people just write short 1 page hubs.
        How can you compare this to something that is an epic?

They should have multiple categories of contests-- not just one classification.

-------

Just some ideas.

I strongly agree with this statement. I have been trying to get recognized for a hub or two since Ive started. It appears you need to write up a very detailed and extensive article hub included with other detailed historical contexts. I mean what about the one page writers and the less extensive but interesting or educational hub topic. Good input artz.

3. Enelle Lamb profile image73

The HubNugget Mystery Theater is the name of my hub - that's it. Every week, 18 new hubbers are selected from the many who have joined in the last 3 months (or so...)and their work is showcased for everyone to read and vote for their favorite. There are three categories for each weeks roundup hub (each week the categories change,) and the hubbers who have volunteered to write the roundup hub write a story and put the selections in for everyone to read and vote.
    Last week I chose the name The HubNugget Mystery Theater - the case of the missing KoffeeKlatch Gals. This week it was part 2, and the conclusion of the mystery. Each week the hub title changes to whatever we feel like writing about. But we always encourage everyone to read the selections and vote for one person in each category.
    Hope that clears it up for you smile

4. Enelle Lamb profile image73

Thanks Patty big_smile

5. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Yay - I have already read and voted!

Congratulations to all the nominees!

Browneesorchids, the HubNuggets contest is only open to hubbers who have been here less than 4 months, so you could still be eligible. All eligible hubs are automatically entered into the weekly HubNuggets Contest, so you don't have to do anything special. It just depends if you publish in one of the selected categories.

I have been a member for 3 months. What categories do you need to post in. You say it changes every week but how do I know which ones these are?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The system is computerized and categories rotate, so you don't know. It's all about recognition of good work already done for its own sake, not writing well in order to seek a prize; but that type of contest is like the one starting March 1 - the Know-It-All Contest for answering HubPages Questions. In that, you choose the Questions you want to answer under "Answers" at the top of the page where it says "Home Topics Hubs Answer Hubbers Forum" and answer each one you choose with a Hub that you work hard to complete in such a way as to win.   

Check out the upcoming contest at http://hubpages.com/static/know_it_all.php

Best wishes in the next contest!

So I am just simply posting a question under the "answer" tab? Or am I answering other hubbers questions? Did you say I need to post  a hub I have published on the question I post under the answer tab?

Thank you for all your direction and help

6. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

I have another mystery we can solve- I was responsible for the missing thread!

*cackles menacingly and twists evil mustache*

Too bad my sinister plots were foiled by Maddie, who stickied this sucker.

Major props to this week's nominees! They're really impressive.

1. donnaisabella profile image72
      donnaisabellaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are very funny!

7. Enelle Lamb profile image73

For that contest you choose the question you want to answer, and write a hub about it. A previously published hub won't be accepted for the contest, or you can choose to ask a question. You can read the rules here: http://hubpages.com/static/know_it_all.php

8. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

I'm back!! I was out of the city during the weekend to attend my brother's wedding!  I am happy for him!  As I am also wondering what it would be like to be the only one left..unmarried!!! big_smile big_smile Maybe that would be a good topic for the hubnuggets...the single thingy..,

On my way to read and savor the Hubnuggets!

9. Simone Smith profile image86

Hurrah! The winners have been posted!

Technology
    Produce Your Own Energy With A Solar Panel Kit From A Hardware Store (53%)
    Those Anonymous Web Trolls and Commentators! (32%)
    How to Keep in Touch with Internet-Challenged Seniors (11%)

Family and Parenting
    Adoption: A Letter To My Birth Mother Who I Never Knew (46%)
    My House Looks Like a Fairyland Crime Scene (29%)
    Help! My baby won't sleep! (Soothing Tactics) (15%)

Business and Employment
    Top 10 Ways to Get a Raise from Your Employer (32%)
    The Five Questions That I Asked My Last Interviewer (32%)
    How to Get a Job In 14 Days or Less (19%)

Thanks to those who voted, and congratulations to the winners!

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to all the winners!

10. Enelle Lamb profile image73

Congratulations one and all!

11. KrystalD profile image65
    KrystalDposted 12 years ago

Congrats to all the winners! I love reading these hubnugget hub. Nice job HP Team smile

12. profile image58
    michaelvadalposted 12 years ago

Hello guys Im a newbie here and I do write articles my only problem is that what will be the topic that I am going to write here on HUB.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks
    Michael

1. ElizaDoole profile image83
      ElizaDooleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Michael,
      Visit the New and Lost hang out here forum at http://hubpages.com/forum/2
      and people will help you more specifically.
      You can always try the Learning Centre too for videos to watch and good tips.
      Your articles can be on any topic you choose, and must be informative in some way. You must create your own title and topics. When you write in a title, the hub pages will usually suggest the category that your title fits into. You can agree with that or look for your own category.

1. profile image58
        michaelvadalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Liza thanks for your concern. I will be entering the forum now.

Thanks

1. profile image56
          Dineshpal1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. Simone Smith profile image86

Hi everyone! RedElf has posted the newest HubNuggets thread. Her round up of the latest nominees also covers some interesting stats on how the HubNuggets competition makes a difference. It's pretty awesome!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)