jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

My Traffic's In The Crapper

1. savanahl profile image80
    savanahlposted 4 years ago

I joined 5 weeks ago and have been posting hubs consistently. I've gotten a consistent flow of traffic averaging about 40 to 50 views per day. (slow but consistent and climbing)
    Then suddenly about 5 or 6 days ago my traffic fell off the face of the earth with lots of 0's and 1 or 2 views per hub a day.
    Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? I'm getting a little discouraged. Please Help! Thank you.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Was your traffic from hubpages?  It's normal for hubpages traffic to comprise most of your Hub views for a short time after publishing them. It takes longer to get traffic from sources outside of HP.  Welcome to HP!  smile

savanahlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have started getting a little traffic from Google, Yahoo and Bing.  Perhaps I should give  it more time so I can analyze it better. Thanks for the welcome Randy Godwin smile

2. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

Hi savanahl, it takes a while for hubs to get traffic from search engines.  New hubs get most of their traffic within Hubpages. 

I had also experienced the same drop in traffic during my first few months.  Even after a year being here on Hubpages, I still have hubs that get zero views a day.  Like today, out of 105 hubs, 27 hubs have 000 views.  I write on different topics, so some hubs get a lot of traffic and some get very little, if any.

You've only been here 5 weeks, so give it more time.  What you are experiencing is normal.  Keep hubbing and I wish you all the best here on Hubpages.

Welcome to Hubpages, savanahl!!!  smile

savanahlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rosie2010. That's what I needed to hear. Thanks for the encouragement.