Suggesting a new topic to post articles to

1. 61
    canyonstateroofsposted 4 years ago

I am brand new to HubPages.
    I would like to suggest a new topic to submit articles to.  I run a roofing company and would like to submit articles related to roofing.  I looked on the "Home Improvement" section, but there is really no topic that is related to this subject. Can anyone tell me how to suggest a new topic? What are the chances of this actually happening?  Thank you!

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I checked this out... your best bet is to stay with home improvement... You could raise  this up in the report a problem or suggest a new feature... But don't expect much to happen overnight.
      If your hubs are just for promoting your business it may also not go down too well at HP,  just a word of caution.

2. VendettaVixen profile image88
    VendettaVixenposted 4 years ago

Like Soffs said, your roofing hub would probarbly best suit the "home improvement" catagory, without going into any of the sub-catagories.
    You'll want to include topics that're helpful to a wide audience, rather than just plugging your own business. Self-promotion is a big no-no on Hub Pages.
    Just to let you know, they won't penalise you if your article isn't an exact match for the catagory you put it into, just so long as it's related to in some way. Always choose the one closest to the ideal.