jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

beginner, needs tips

1. 0
    Amanda Beck Mauckposted 4 years ago

I Just started two days ago but I am not sure when to expect traffic. I Have had about 70 page views in 48 hours and 1 follower. Any tips?  please look at my profile and hubs and give me feed back I am open as long as you are friendly and gentle with your criticism. smile

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I suggest you visit the "extreme makeover" forum and ask for a critique.  That is the only forum you may post links to your work and hubbers are more than willing to help out.  You will need a thick skin as you will get honest opinions of your work along with suggestions.

And Welcome to HP - you will find it a great place to write.

2. NatalieSack profile image61
      NatalieSackposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First of all:  Welcome to HubPages!  Four hubs in two days is a great start, but you might want to fine tune your titles to be a little more descriptive of hub content.  Titles like "Ten Ways To Choose A New Car" generate more traffic than "My New Car" for example.  HubPages does offer a title tuner to help you with that.

Also, read and comment on lots of hubs in topics you plan to write about.  Visit the forums and offer your opinions liberally and often.

Finally, when I first came here, I found (and still do) The Learning Center of the "help" section indispensable.

Best of luck to you, and P.S. Don't get too attached to those stats.  Just concentrate on the quality of your work and the numbers will follow!

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Cool... welcome to HP.. smile

How many Road Signs have you erected in your area?

I found that roundabouts offered the best opportunities for directing traffic when I started.  I used a six foot cutout of a mouse sitting on a normal sized cat with my URL painted on it! smile

It was great for a few days, but then motorists steal stuff like that and you get a lot of Insurance Claims made against you, by those people that crash while looking at the mouse! yikes

I was lucky though... It got me started and no one died from shock.. although one old lady (clearly a cat lover) was caught on camera by a friend hitting the mouse with a stick! sad

Good Luck... Baltimore offers you lots of signage opportunities if you can climb well! big_smile

Good Luck...